Pages

Saturday, January 11, 2014

African American Literature for Tweens & Teens




Although, there has been considerable talk related to tweens and teens reading Urban Fiction this does not mean that those same teens would not read carefully crafted prose by Young Adult Authors. I am an avid lover of fiction, children’s literature, and nonfiction. However, I continue to read Young Adult fiction that crosses my desk from time to time. I decided to recommend three books that I have read personally, passed on to teens to read, and have heard rave reviews about.

 

Jacqueline Woodson – I hadn’t meant to tell you this & Lena

Sharon Flake – Who am I without him?

The Baby Girl - Key Rollins 

All three of these books offer great information related to struggles that teens have related to abuse, relationships, peer pressure, and friendship. I give all of these books 5/5 stars.

 

Happy Reading!

 

Tiffany A. Flowers – Author

www.goldenbutterflypublishing.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Amazon Picture Book Picks

Shelfari Pre-Teen/Teen Book Picks

Amazon Chapter Book Picks